Sunday, November 8, 2020

Invisible Girl by Lisa Jewell


Hello everyone. How are things on your side of the planet?

Were you a good kid? I was a brat, especially as a teenager. I can't imagine the stuff I put my parents through. My sisters were even worse! (yes, that was for their benefit but I can't help that it's true) We were so lucky to have two great parents. Still, there are some things that parents can't solve.

I recently read Invisible Girl by Lisa Jewell. This is about a teenage girl, Saffyre. Something bad happened to her when she was a young child that she is still trying to deal with. To help her, Saffyre has been seeing a therapist, Roan, who has his own secrets. When he declares her ready to stop therapy Saffyre is caught off balance. She still hasn't told him her biggest secret. Add in a neighborhood of some not so nice people, a sexual predator on the lose and you've got a whole lot of suspects when Saffyre suddenly goes missing. This book is a typical Lisa Jewell thriller. An enjoyable, easy read with plenty of twists. You'll think you have this figured out repeatedly but will still be wrong. 

If you're in the mood for an interesting thriller, you may want to not shake your etch-a-sketch board and keep Invisible Girl visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment