Monday, December 21, 2020

Goodnight Beautiful by Aimee Molloy



Hello everyone. I hope you're having a nice holiday season.

Ever think things are one way but they're actually another?  I'm a fairly good cook and baker, as far as home cooks go.  I usually approach any recipe with confidence. If someone else has made it, certainly I can.  During the last two weeks all I cook or bake turns to to....um...what's a polite way to say it....garbage...but think profanity because that's what I really mean!  I expected a great outcome and was shocked by what I received.

I recently read Goodnight Beautiful by Aimee Molloy. This book is full of thinking you're getting one thing but you're actually receiving something totally different. In this thriller, Sam and Annie are newlyweds who have moved to his hometown, setting up his new practice as a psychotherapist. What Sam doesn't know is that the sessions in his home office can be heard upstairs through a vent. Now, as always, I don't want to tell you much and give any of the fun away.  However, I have to tell you that this book made me crazy, in a good way!  There were multiple twists so simple and obvious that sent me flipping back through the book. How could I have overlooked it? The book is written like a magic trick, directing your attention here, while you miss something over there. It was very enjoyable.  

After I read this, I was in the hunt for other readers that had finished this book.  Had they missed the same things I had? Yes.  Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment