Friday, January 29, 2021

He Started It by Samantha Downing


Hello everyone.  I hope your week has been a great one.

You know how some people are egotistical and always believe they are right?  Well, I freely admit I am terrible at many things, one of them is direction (the north, south, east, west kind). Now if you're going to say it's because I'm female, then I have a few choice words for you that I'll withhold for the health of this blog. However, I swear I might have a negative sense of direction.  Not only do I get lost going to the grocery store, which is two miles from my house and just two turns (I think), but I once got lost walking in our old neighborhood.  Turned out I was only a block from our house. Obviously, hubby does a lot of the driving in our household.

I recently read He Started It by Samantha Downing.  She is the author of the very popular My Lovely Wife, which gave me an evil laugh when I told my family how twisted it was but I couldn't stop reading it.  He Started It is about a family that has lost it's grandfather.  In his will, the wealthy man has left a hefty inheritance.  To collect their money, the now adult grandkids must recreate a lengthy road trip they once took with their granddad.  So they begin the repeat adventure complete with spouses, and the book also begins to reveal to the reader what happened on the original trip. This time the adults bring their own baggage and secrets.  You might think this is simply a story about memory lane, until several odd things happen and they realize they are being followed.  This is an enjoyable, quick read.  Thriller lovers will appreciate a break from the evil neighbor/spouse novels that are so common these days.

I often read a book out loud to my husband when we are on a long car trip.  I wish I had read him this one to watch him squirm.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment