Thursday, May 25, 2023

First Born by Will Dean




Hello everyone.  I hope you are having a great day.

I've mentioned way too many times that my sisters are triplets.  You know what would have been nice growing up? A brother, especially one with hot, available friends.  Now that I'm more...ahem...mature, hot is a man that is comfortable in his skin.  Someone who can buy female hygiene products without the least bit of embarrassment.  A man who despite his size and dominance is so sweet with a little dog.  When you're a teen though, the male ideal is somewhat different. While my knees are not happy for maturity, my opinion of men is far better.  Anyway, I was left without a beloved brother and instead got three bratty sisters.  They all have similar personalities, but two look nearly identical.  Yes, they look "different" to me (read that sarcastically), but a stranger would think they are twins. I think they were one egg that split, and the other triplet was her own egg, or quite possibly had her own twin that she no doubt strangled in a game of umbilical cord jump rope, just so she could have all the attention. Did you know that twins occur naturally in one in 250 pregnancies, but triplets are only one in 10,000.  Figures, one simple brother, was that too much to ask? No, I had to have the one chance in 10,000 to get Satan's spawn for siblings (joking, don't write me).  

I recently read First Born by Will Dean.  This is the story of twins, Molly and Katie Raven.  Katie has been found dead in her apartment in NYC where she lives far away from her family in England.  When twin, Molly, discovers that Katie has been murdered she vows to find out who killed the sister she loved so much.  Molly finds that Katie's life was much different than she thought, despite being a college student, she was into things that seem to be much darker.  As with most fiction, you must accept things that aren't likely or practical, but it is fiction, a story, an escape from the everyday. 

This psychological thriller is an easy, quick read.  The fast pacing is full of twists that you'll never see coming.  For thriller readers, this has everything including loads of suspense and constant questions that need urgent answers.  The author supplies answers and an ending that will leave you smiling and satisfied.  Get some snacks and a big cup of coffee, once you start reading First Born, you won't stop.

If only my sisters were as clever as this book. I can hear the phone calls now!

No comments:

Post a Comment