Saturday, August 17, 2024

The Keeper of Stars by Buck Turner




Hello everyone.  I hope you're having a great day.

Do you believe in fate, or do you think it is a myth and you completely control your own destiny?  Heavy question, I know, especially for someone who goes around talking in movie lines.  Wait...I'm serious.  What do you think?  I am thinking about "the one".  Is there just one perfect person for us or are there many and we consider the first perfect fit "the one".  For example, would my husband ever find anyone else who would put up with his shenanigans?  The answer is absolutely not.  Of course, I'm sure he would say, and my sisters would concur that I am the problem child.  Naturally, you know different...that I am the innocent, sweet one.  Stop laughing.

When I was little, my parents came to this area on vacation.  They had a favorite hotel on the beach where they would always stay. There are slides (yes, slides...look them up youngsters), with me there as a three-year-old.  Here is the thing, this is the town where my husband grew up. In fact, he knew the family that owned that hotel.  We could have physically passed each other as kids, never knowing that we would later meet and be married for decades. The one, and for me, the only.

I recently read The Keeper of Stars by Buck Turner.  This is the story of Ellie and Jack.  Ellie, from a well-off family, goes to stay with her aunt for the summer in rural Tennessee.  There she meets Jack, a young man with a love for the water he boats tourists around.  A sweet summer romance develops but is interrupted when Ellie is suddenly required to leave without notice. What seems like heartbreak to the young adults slowly calms to wonderful memories.  One day, Ellie receives a mysterious package.  It is a book written by Jack about his experiences on the water and with his true love Ellie.  Naturally, Ellie is shocked.  She has developed the life she has always dreamed up but now wonders what might have been.  Even more interesting is what might be possible for the future.

This love story will grab you from the first page in the gentlest of hugs but refuse to let go.  It is well written, reads quickly, has fantastic character development and quite the story.  I cannot say enough good things about it.  Grab a box of tissues. Memorable from beginning to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment