Sunday, August 5, 2018

The Dream Daughter, again

The Dream Daughter is still on my mind. I'm currently reading several other books, not just reading, but totally into three other books. Yet, Diane Chamberlain's book lingers. For that matter so does, Before We Were Yours, about the siblings in the Tennessee Children's Home.  This makes me wonder, what makes a book stay with you so? Is it a certain genre? As I've repeated until, not only I am blue in the face, but undoubtedly so are you (send Violet Beauregarde to the juicing machine), I love thrillers. Yet, I'm trying to think of a thriller that stays with me like these books.

So, is it a genre that makes books linger? Is it a story that has children or perhaps is sweeping in time, showing much of a life giving us a very full story? Is it love that lingers?

The person that figures this out will probably call the NY Times Bestseller List home.

No comments:

Post a Comment