Thursday, October 25, 2018

A Sparkle of Silver by Liz Johnson

I am up in the air whether to rate this three or four stars. First I think for me, it was a three. I had a difficult time getting into this book and the beginning was a bit slow. HOWEVER, I read a great many thrillers that, by their nature, move very quickly. This is a romance with a little mystery and treasure hunt thrown in. It has to move more slowly for the attraction to build between the two main characters and the mystery to unfold. So, I question my finding that it was slow. In addition, so many romance novels (and this is more than a romance novel) surround a rich man or someone in the fashion world, this does neither. So for me, that is another reason for a higher rating. In fact, the setting is a wonderful old estate, which is very clearly a large part of the book and very interesting. The writing is good, the plot clearly described. Yes, given my hesitation I think for what kind of book this is, it is definitely a four. By the way, this is Christian Fiction, no sex and it takes almost to the end to get a kiss. If you're looking for something racy, you won't find it here. You will find a delightful story. 

Hello fellow readers. I bet after all my thriller reading you never thought I'd read a Christian Romance. Ha! Fooled you. This review was written for BookishFirst.com, a very neat web site where you can get copies of books before they are published. Yes, you can too! I was sent this book for review, for which I am always grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment