Friday, November 23, 2018

Green Zone Jack by I. James Bertolina






Hello everyone. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Now that you've been shopping or refusing to shop (as we do) and are probably in turkey sandwich heaven, loosen your stretchy pants and read on.  Let's face it, we all have so much to be thankful for. No matter how bad things are, they can always get worse. I hope things are always sunshine and daisies for you, me too, I love it when things hum along.

Something I am always grateful for is our military. Whether you agree with what conflict the US is currently in or not, I cannot imagine anyone not being in awe of people that are willing to put their family life on hold and are literally facing the possibility of laying down their life so that we can enjoy a nice Thanksgiving. I am not that brave. To be honest, I cannot even fathom that kind of bravery. I see it all the time though. My grandfather was on a ship in WWII and my uncle was literally on the beach at Normandy on D-Day. In addition, I live in a huge military area. I see the families left behind, the wives with kids, dealing with car repairs, hurricanes or a case of the flu, all alone. Even if there is no war, accidents happen. Bravery, all around. I don't know how they do it, military or their families.

It is with the military in mind that I have to tell you about a book, Green Zone Jack. Now, I read a lot of psychological thrillers, but every once in a while, I need a palette cleanser. I can only take so many 'did their husband, wife or lover do its' before I need a brief break. This time, I turned to I. James Bertolina for some solid action adventure. Good thing too, because he totally delivered! This story reeks of the dangerous, lawless Old West, but on steroids, in the modern day Middle East. Diplomatic Security Service agent Payton Ladd is charged with finding the missing nephew of a U.S. Senator, and has little time to do so. The writing is solid and stays on the plot, which I completely adore and makes the story fast-moving. As the novel unfolds, the reader is presented with a large cast of likely suspects.  With Sam Spade-like fortitude and help from heroic U.S. service members, Ladd weaves his way through a minefield of criminal and political intrigue as bullets and grenades fly. If you want romance and loads of emotion, don't look here, if you want a great thriller filled with adventure and quick pacing, this book is for you. A great ride and read!

Looking for a gift for a husband or boyfriend, Green Zone Jack would be an excellent choice. Looking for a gift for a wife or girlfriend who is need of a break from puppies and PTA meetings, Green Zone Jack will meet the challenge. This book is definitely a well-written, action-packed thriller. You'd be smart to pick it up!

2 comments:

  1. We're so glad you enjoyed it, April. Thank you for the amazing review! It's much appreciated. The author is currently working on a thriller set in a skyscraper, which promises to be every bit as action-packed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am honored that you trusted me with Mr. Bertolina's baby. It is a great book and I will be first in line for the next one!

    ReplyDelete