Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Accidentally Engaged by Mary Carter

Hello everyone.

 Are you as frantic as I am with Christmas right around the corner? Why is it when you are a kid in school and looking at that clock on the wall it moves so slowly. Then as an adult, when you beg the clock to stop speeding it absolutely refuses. It is unfair. Maybe there is some weird time shift with age....hummm a wacked (meaning terrible) book idea there. Anyway, I am behind in cleaning for company and definitely behind in goodie baking. Oh the humanity.  I'll hang my head in shame...especially if there is a book in my lap.

 Naturally, I am way behind in the list of books I wanted to finish by the end of the year too. I have wanted to read the author Peter May for so long and received three of his books last year for Christmas, have I cracked one beyond the first paragraph...no. I read the first in the Cainsville series by Kelley Armstrong and loved it. I have the other four books in the series and haven't read any of them. I have the latest in the Jane Hawk series by Dean Koontz and haven't had time to read it. Arrrgghhhh! All these wonderful books staring at me and I have to clean and bake! The injustice of it all!

So, deep breath. In case you are as stressed as I am, let me suggest a quick hit book. Something a bit on the fluffy side, something with a sense of humor. I recently read Accidentally Engaged by Mary Carter. This book opens with the main character being a serial wife, having been married 3 times. Clair is currently working as a tarot card reader. When a bridal party arrives, different members with different agendas, all hell breaks loose. In the pandemonium, the engagement ring gets left behind. Clair decides she needs to return it. Doing so, well, let's just say the book is off and running.

This story is a fast, pleasant read. It is light-hearted and quirky. It is romantic and sassy. Most of all, it is funny, really funny. Something that is oh so needed at this time of year. This absorbing book will melt away your stress and help you find your smile.

Accidentally Engaged would make a great holiday gift for a girlfriend or sister with a sense of humor. One thing is for sure, you'll never baste a turkey again without a chuckle. What in on the joke? Read the book, you'll laugh all the way to your roasting pan!

1 comment:

  1. Your first paragraph is so true!! When you're at work, the time drags, and then the weekends are over in a flash! I'm behind in bauble-making, but I don't bother with any cooking 😂
    It's nice to find a book that isn't difficult or tragic or just really really deep. This book sounds a bit like a fluffy cupcake, to continue the baking theme 😋

    ReplyDelete