Wednesday, July 31, 2019

The Last Word by Timothy Moonlight




Hello everyone.

My dad passed away several years ago. He was a fantastic father, the best!  I feel sorry for all of you, that you didn't have my dad as your father. I could tell you about him for days.

My dad worked as a contract negotiator between a major technology company and the federal government.  He was really good at it. My husband jokes that when my dad would go to buy a new car the salesman would see a mild mannered guy not knowing what he did for a living. The car dealer didn't stand a chance!  One thing my father was not good at was technology, funny considering where he worked. His company tried to get him to use a computer, he refused, preferring a legal pad and pencil. They even sent him to computer classes, he failed. Finally they gave up, buying him a case of legal pads. Thank goodness he was a great negotiator.

I recently read The Last Word by Timothy Moonlight. The book is labeled a techno thriller, which I completely agree with but I think this story would really hold the interest of sci-fi lovers as well. The novel opens with Claire Bigsby at her father, Jack's funeral. Jack had been the founder of an extremely successful technology company called InfiniTech. As Claire tries to come to terms with her loss, odd things begin happening. There is an involved, twisty, plot that the leads the reader to new discoveries around every corner. The author includes interesting characters, good and bad, that will have you rooting for some and cursing the others.

The writing is strong and the pacing steady as mysteries are revealed. While every author has their own style, Mr. Moonlight writes in a very meticulous manner which serves him well especially in action scenes. The end leaves the reader surprised and satisfied. The Last Word is due to be released on August 23rd and is currently available to pre-order on Amazon. This would be a great way to start your fall.

After reading about all this technology I'm going to buy a big box of number 2 pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment