Friday, April 30, 2021

Every Vow You Break by Peter Swanson



Hello everyone.  I hope you are enjoying your day.

When you got married did you have a nice honeymoon?  My sister went to one of those islands...one of the "amas" or "ini" places off the coast of Florida.  I can't remember where but I'm certain she had a nice time.  For me, I got one night in Scranton, PA.  Now if you're from Pennsylvania don't get your drawers in a twist.  I love the state, lots of my family came from PA.  However, as far as exotic, seductive locales go, the Hilton in Scranton doesn't exactly blow up your skirt.  Okay, between us buddies, it was cool.  It was an old train station that we got to explore, but as far as brag-ability it isn't great.  "Oh so your sister went to the islands.  Where did you go? One night in Scranton???"  Hubby said not to tell you this story lest you think he's cheap.  In his defense, we purchased our first house thirty days before our wedding and we used our honeymoon money for a down payment.  But if he asks, yes, I think he's cheap and owes me a trip to Europe at the minimum!

I recently read Every Vow You Break by Peter Swanson.  This is the story of Abigail and Bruce. They are getting married.  First Abigail is attending her shower, only not the kind where you get a toaster, the kind where you and your friends go to a resort. While at this resort, Abigail meets another man who wonders if she loves her husband-to-be as much as she thinks she does, especially after she sleeps with him.  Of course, once home and during the final preparations for the wedding, she tells Bruce nothing about what happened on the trip.  Panic sets in when she sees the man she slept with and when he starts emailing her.  She kindly refuses his advances and proceeds with the wedding.  After the nuptials, Bruce whisks his new bride away for a lovely honeymoon, but guess who shows up? Oh yes, it's deliciously evil.  If you want more, you'll have to read it.  This book has got great pacing and an even better setting.  Lots of fun with this story and a nice escape!

After reading Every Vow You Break I'm a little more grateful for my single night in Scranton, but I'm gonna tell people it was Scranton, France.

No comments:

Post a Comment