Friday, July 22, 2022

Book Lovers by Emily Henry



Hello everyone.  I hope you're having a cool day.

I am guessing, since you're reading this, you are a book lover.  I come from a long line of readers, okay well it's more like a dash but it's there.  My maternal grandparents were big readers so was my mom.  They would often trade books back and forth.  Sometimes they would tuck a note inside for each other.  It was all fun and games until they went off the deep end and started seeing who could write the most creative note, well not write but use the most unusual paper.  When they got down to toilet paper and a leaf, I stopped watching.  They read good stuff. I remember my mom reading Coma by Robin Cook and the always fascinating Jaws.  Who hasn't put "You're gonna need a bigger boat" in their "great sayings" rotation?  Just think without the book Jaws, there would be no movie, no saying, no fantastic score by John Williams and, let's be honest, how else would you see Robert Shaw take out his front tooth?  Books!

I recently read Book Lovers by Emily Henry.  This is the story of a literary agent, Nora, who goes to a small North Carolina town with her sister for a vacation.  Despite the odds Nora bumps into someone she knows from NYC, Charlie, an infuriating editor.  In this romantic comedy their interactions continue as they share their book business talents.

This is a cute, fun story that will transport you to Carolina and melt all your stress.  After liking but not loving Henry's first book, Beach Read, I said I was going to follow her.  So glad I did, as each subsequent book I've liked better than the one before.  This is a bit long at 400 pages but a fun read.  Great for a summer vacation, real or in your head to a small town in North Carolina.

Gum wrapper!  I've been trying to come up with something I'd write a note on if my mom and grandparents were still around.  I'd definitely write on a gum wrapper, not a good kind like Wrigley's or Juicy Fruit (look it up youngsters), but something small like Dentyne or Trident!

No comments:

Post a Comment