Friday, August 26, 2022

The Blame Game by Sandie Jones



Hello everyone. I hope you're having a great day.

I can't think of any story that has anything to do with today's book, so I'll just have to rant.  Eggs are now $4.50 for 18.  That is insane, I didn't want to buy the chicken, her house, and 20 of her closest friends just a couple of eggs.  Also, hubby keeps leaving things off the grocery list that he maintains we don't need but are actually desperately short of.  This requires extra grocery buying visits and, of course, you never just buy what you need.  I end up buying eggs for the price that should be enough to feed my whole street omelets for a month!  Okay, enough housewifery.

I recently read The Blame Game by Sandie Jones.  I have read and enjoyed all her books; this is no exception. This is the story of a psychologist, Naomi, who specializes in domestic violence.  Naomi is currently treating Jacob who is mistreated by his wife.  Jacob is afraid of what she might do to him and of snapping himself and hurting her in return.  After letting Jacob stay in her rental property when he decides to leave his wife, he goes missing.  Strange things start happening as the police believe he is in grave danger and the evidence points to Naomi as a possible suspect.

This book was fantastic.  First of all, it's short, 244 pages.  This means that the author has no time to waste.  Most descriptions and connecting information are omitted to leave room for action.  This story races through the plot like it's on fire and running for its life.  I literally had to go back and reread sections as two words like "she imagined" changes everything.  You know how I hate bric-a-brac in books, this is devoid of everything but exactly what you need to know, so you better pay attention.  I wish all thrillers were written like this!

This book would be a great way to start you day, perhaps with your breakfast.  Given the cost at the grocery store, the book might be the cheapest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment