Sunday, February 11, 2024

The Proof of the Pudding by Rhys Bowen



Hello everyone.  I hope you've had a great day.

A few weeks ago, I received an interesting book from Berkley publishing.  They were so kind to send it to me.  In short, this is the story of a chef who works at one estate that gets "lent" to another for an event.  Someone ends up dead, and others sickened from the dinner prepared by the chef.  I read hubby the jacket and he physically grabbed the book (gently with affection, he says).  He has been reading a lot of special forces type thrillers and thought this book sounded like a great break.  He finished it quickly, really seemed to enjoy it, and is interested in more by this author. Hubby's thoughts are below!

I recently read The Proof of the Pudding by Rhys Bowen, my first in the Royal Spyness Mystery series. This novel was a delight to read, a classic whodunit with a colorful cast of characters and no one is above suspicion. It was if I had stepped into a classic black and white film from the late 1930's and was guaranteed a seat in the room as the guilty party was revealed. The Royal Spyness series should not be overlooked by those seeking a little historical sleuthing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment