Monday, March 4, 2024

Cold Record by Eric Ferguson



Hello everyone.  I hope you are having a great day.

As I've said before, hubby thinks I missed my calling.  He thinks I should have been a lawyer.  I am always watching court cases.  When someone in politics gets indicted or the supreme court makes a ruling, I download the actual orders. I find them so fascinating.  I think maybe what interests me is not only the rule of law, but the strategy used by lawyers.  It is kind of like they are the ultimate storytellers.  They tell a true story and must do so in the most compelling way possible.  A lot like thriller writers, although they have to have a devious imagination. Apparently, my legal leanings have rubbed off on hubby, as he grabbed another book from my tbr list.  His thoughts are below.

I recently read Cold Record by Eric Ferguson. This is a nearly forensic look at an investigation, prosecution, and its effects on those involved. The writing is far from technical, however, and I felt myself yearning to visit the scenic California I once travelled to for work. Setting aside, there was a serious crime committed, and the efforts seeking justice are not romanticized. Those with interest in the legal system will not want to miss Cold Record

I actually took part of a practice test from the LSATs, the test necessary for law school. The questions are like a cross between annoying math word problems and stuff passed around Facebook.  I got them all, but it took me about 30 minutes per question.  To get into law school, you have to arrive at the correct answer in 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment