Monday, March 25, 2024

Small Town Sins by Ken Jaworowski




Hello everyone.  I hope your day is going well.

Well, hubby has been reading again.  I have another of his reviews for you.  I think I am starting to get a complex that he is a better writer than I am.  I say things like "the plot moves quickly" and I think I'm practically Shakespeare.  He fires out comments like "chaotic debris" without giving it a moment's thought.  That really ticks me off.  I say that being jealous and kiddingly but...look at him...on his laptop, all smug, probably solving world hunger or coming up with some way for there to be everlasting world peace.  I, however, am asking Siri, for the ten thousandth time, what temperature a chicken done.  You'd think even if I can't come up with snazzy lines, I could at least remember one temperature.  But...no... here is his review.

I recently read Small Town Sins by Ken Jaworowski. This first Novel from this author paints a realistic portrait of Locksburg, a fictional town that could really exist anywhere in the United States to which fortunes have not been kind. The setting and characters are introduced with brutal honesty, and their past and present deeds and tragedies are laid before us like chaotic debris. Still, the reader finds themselves compelled to keep going. In that continuance, the reader discovers a bit of each antihero in their own existence, flawed and not immune to misfortune, but struggling through the debris, nonetheless. I still find my mind drifting to Locksburg a bit and recalling the denizens’ search for redemption. Familiar with Pennsylvania or not, a detour through Locksburg and its sins may be a worthwhile detour.

No comments:

Post a Comment