Friday, July 6, 2018

Before We Were Yours

Well, I thought reporting in on my vacuum might be the big news today, boy was I wrong. Also, I'm going to have to curb any other talk of cooking or cleaning. Today I must tell you about this book, Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate.  If you're a big reader person, you've undoubtedly heard about this book, it's on the New York Times Bestseller list as we speak. No matter what you've heard about how good it is, it is better.

This book is like a sweeping movie, epic in proportion. It follows a family from birth until old age. You might think this is dry or a slower read, it isn't. This book is mesmerizing as it flows from past to present, weaving the story together flawlessly. It makes us wonder, driving the story forward, and yes it does deliver answers so as not to frustrate the reader. Of the gazillion books I've read, I have one all time favorite that nothing has ever been able to touch. This might be that good. Simply amazing.

If you can get to the end and not be misty eyed, then perhaps you're a descendent of the Grinch. I was in a puddle, sobbing. It isn't that this is sad, it's just....perfect. If you have children, read it. If you were ever a child, read it. If you have a sibling, read it. If you have a heart, read it.

As for me, I'm sending my copy round robin style to my sisters, we'll see if they have a heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment