Thursday, August 30, 2018

Murder Mile by Lynda LaPlante

I am very glad I read Murder Mile. It is only the second book I've read that focused so intensely on the police and their efforts to solve a murder. In this case, several murders! Still, focused on just the police, I was afraid the story might be slow or even boring. I am so glad to say it was neither! By sticking to a limited amount of characters (there are still plenty), it feels like the story stays on point. I adore it when authors respect my time and stick to the plot...yet I still want a great story. Murder Mile delivers! It is detail oriented, fast paced, always interesting, and kept me guessing. Even right at the end I was convinced I knew who the murderer was, happily I was wrong. If you like police centered books, good murder mysteries, or just a great read, then this book is for you! 

This review was written for BookishFirst, a great site if you haven't visited. BookishFirst and the publisher Zaffre provided an advanced copy, this book is to be released September 4, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment