Saturday, February 26, 2022

A Flicker in the Dark by Stacy Willingham



Hello everyone.  I hope you are having a good day.

I had the world's best dad.  He adored his family despite wanting a boy and getting four girls instead. He would come home from work to find us kids in the pool, while my mom made dinner.  Yes, we had an inground heated pool...I know it was a luxury but now I practically spend its cost on a week's groceries but I'm getting off topic.  My dad would come home from work, put on his swim trunks and come out to the pool carrying a tray of soda.  He worked, then came home and served us drinks! He was in his happy place, with his family.  He also loved vacations and history.  I think he might have broken the world record for most historical markers read while in motion and having four kids yelling about who is on their side of the car and wondering where their shoes went. I got lucky in the parent department, some kids don't.  

I recently read A Flicker in the Dark by Stacy Willingham.  This is Stacy's first book, but I highly doubt it will be her last.  In this story Chloe is a child psychologist in Baton Rouge.  She's been emotionally on the edge since she was a kid.  Her father was a serial killer, murdering young girls, Chloe was the person to discover his crimes and turned her dad into the police.  Now her dad sits still in jail and the twentieth anniversary of the first killing approaches.  When girls start going missing again, Chloe doesn't know what to think, especially as these disappearances get closer to her with one being her patient and Chloe the last to see her.

This book is thriller-ific.  It will have your head spinning round like you ate bad pea soup for dinner (Exorcist).  The author has you believing one thing, examining one person then the next.  As so often happens, I pronounced myself Queen of the thrillers telling all who would listen, my husband only, that I had determined the ending.  I might have been the teensiest bit wrong.

This quick read will have you doubting everyone and trusting no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment