Monday, February 21, 2022

Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead by Elle Cosimano




Hello everyone.  I hope you are having a nice day.

You know how when you were a kid your mother told you not to touch anything when you went into a store with lots of breakable items?  Well, she did that because of people like me.  Some people are born to move like a tiger.  Some are born to walk like a ballerina, floating on a sea of cotton.  Let's face it, some people are just born with a natural grace.  Me?  I was born as clumsy as can be.  Seriously, I can touch a tomato and it will squirt juice all over me, if I reach across the table, I'm certain to hit my sleeve on the freshly poured cup of scalding hot tea sending it everywhere.  I am the person who special ordered a convection oven, then roasted an upright chicken.  A word of advice, don't!  The fan splatters grease everywhere, you have to give the oven the full Silkwood scrub down.  That wasn't even the time I set the oven on fire.  Yes, my fate in life is to be a klutz.

I recently read Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead by Elle Cosimano.  This is the sequel to Finlay Donovan is Killing It.  This book takes up where the first left off, will all the same characters and goings on.  No, you don't have to read the first but why wouldn't you...it was a blast.  These books are kind of mysteries...I say kind of because Finlay Donovan is the hit woman.  She is an author and is explaining her book plot to her agent in a restaurant when she is overheard by someone who thinks her story outline is real...that she is a killer for hire and tries to hire Finlay.  That is the very beginning of the first book.  Now we resume with Finlay, her family and Vero, the crazy nanny.  Something has gone very wrong as Finlay discovers someone has put a "hit" out on her so to be ex-husband Steven.  While Vero wants to jump for joy that cheating scoundrel could soon be out of the picture permanently, Finlay decides she needs to find out who wants him dead and why.  

This book is different from the first, it's not quite so bumbling.  Oh, there is plenty that goes awry and loads to laugh at but this time much of it comes from Vero's "told you so" sense of humor. It's fast, easy reading that will have you laughing out loud and craving more...just like the first book.  The only bad thing about this is that it came to an end.  More laughs I can always use!

No comments:

Post a Comment